This has been a slow week for me :(
That said, here be a deep verse from Kendrick Lamar’s “The Heart Part 5” in the persona of the Nipsey Hussle:
And to my neighbourhood, let the good prevail; Make sure them babies and the leaders outta jail; Look for salvation when troubles get real; ‘Cause you can’t help the world until you help yourself; And I can’t blame the hood the day that I was killed; Y’all had to see it, that’s the only way to feel; And though my physical won’t reap the benefits; The energy that carry on emits still; I want you
Free And Open Source(FOSS) Work
- I’ve been working on allowing specific curators to make edits to case-attributes in GeneNetwork. The tricky thing for me has been to create a decent UI/UX experience that allows for curation. I’m in the process of refactoring my WIP code to replace Redis with SQL wrt storing previous edits.
- Meeting with one of our users to discuss the above.
- Took one day off to finish and submit some pending CAT.
- This is the final week of class. Next week is study week, and thereafter my finals for this module.
Long Form Reading
- Started: “Essentialism” by Greg McKeown.
- I consistently read: Tiny Habits.
Personal & Miscellaneous
- My website has been down since Saturday. This was because I could not use my credit card to pay for my instance hosted at Scaleway.
- I got a Sheafer pen; and I’m in love with the experience. Flourishing your cursive makes it more beautiful ;)
- Kendrick Lamar’s song: “The Heart Part 5”; and his album: “Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers” is really dope and insightful.