Week Notes: 13
Apr 20, 2022 14:00
· 327 words
· 2 minutes read
Free And Open Source(FOSS) Work
- Fixed some issue wrt Newline characters (^M)
being present in a CSV. Fixed in gn2 in: 697;
and in gn3: 91. Read more about this issue here.
- New issues:
- Finished some take-away Continuous Assessment
Test (CAT). Type-setting this CAT in LaTeX took
me some time.
- Continued Advanced Bio-informatics. This was an
enjoyable experience for me. I should be done
with this course this week.
- Finished “The Godfather”.
- Bio-informatics books I’m yet to choose [only
one] to start reading:
- “Genetics: From Genes to Genomes”
- “Essential Bio-informatics”
- Started: “The Algorithm Design Manual 3rd ed.” by
- Made some little progress with Steve Pinker’s:
“The Sense of Style”.
- Started reading:
- A Team of Rivals
- Tiny Habits
- All the Love You Need
- Book Recommendation: “Manufacturing Consent” by
Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman.
- Book Recommendation from my advanced Bio-informatics course:
- Learning SPARQL: Querying and Updating with SPARQL 1.1
- Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist:
Effective Modeling for Linked Data, RDFS, and
OWL (ACM Books)
Personal & Miscellaneous
- Easter holidays. I was indoors on my
computer. That got interrupted by an afternoon
with a doctor friend. She’s such a lovely and
decent human being.
- Random hang-out with a friend who has a young
family. We talked about careers. He is
interested in transitioning in to research work
[away from a well-paying corporate job].
- Random thought: I work with some brilliant
- Practised some cursive. I want to have a better
mastery of all the letter forms in the Palmer
style of business writing.
- I’m growing into a person that prefers “slow”
media (read long-form content) over “fast”
- Got some new office seat with good back support.