Free And Open Source(FOSS) Work
Created this handy snip for starting all the genenetwork services within tmux (
runproxystart some genenetwork specific services):
#!/bin/sh tmux new-session -s gn2 'herd start redis; runproxy' \; \ split-window 'rungn2' \;
I reproduced some errors regarding “zeros” and modifying data. Fixed them here:
Finally created correct case-attribute queries(for genenetwork2) to fetch data for sample data.
- Module 3 started.
- Researched how to write a Literature Review
- Little progress in term paper.
- New book: “Gift-ology” by John Ruhlin added to my queue.
- Made some progress in: “How To Read A Book”.
- New book recommendation: “Being You: A New Science of Consciousness”
- Some book I should put high on my reading list: “The Book Of Why” by Judea Pearl.
Personal & Miscellaneous
- Created my February Budget; all inside my Bullet Journal.
- Started maintaining a spending log in my Bullet Journal; it’s a simple table with four columns: Date, Description, Source and Cost.
- I had irregular sleep patterns last week. I’ll need to try to be consistent with waking up at 5 AM :).
- Some head hunter reached out to me trying to recruit(not me) a tech-lead at a local start-up at Nairobi Garage: elewa. Gave them my 2¢.
- My partner’s birthday. I felt out of place at the “friends-and-some-family” gathering. People were talking about clothes, fashion, run-ways, etc etc. Not my cup of tea.
- I want to create my own routine on doing algorithms and exploring code. Note for interviews, but because it’s fun!