This are my notes from the app “Intellect”:
- Procrastination is a coping mechanism to avoid discomfort
- This mechanism sometimes then becomes a habit.
The first step to overcoming your procrastination is to be aware of what your discomfort is. You should use the feelings wheel to assist with this.
To overcome procrastination:
- Complete the smallest step in a task (e.g., if it’s school work, log in to the e-Learning Portal).
- Spent just 5 – 10 minutes on the task and use that momentum.
- Visualise your success when you complete the task.